What is reCaptcha?
reCaptcha is a human v. robot checkpoint, that requires humans to click a checkbox, with the purpose of preventing (or slowing down) bots (software robots) that can spam you via your website forms.
How to get reCaptcha for your website
1. Login to your Google account and go to: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin
2. Register a new site:
- Label: Enter the website or company name (a label that will make it easy for you to identify the site in the future. Example: Site-name: section of site where it will be used
- Choose the type of reCaptcha: reCAPTCHA v2 (Checkbox: “I’m not a robot”)
- Domains: enter the full address of your website: fordablefundraising.com (DO NOT include http or https).
- Accept the reCaptcha Terms of Service
- Check “Send alerts to owners”
- Click “Register”. This will register your reCaptcha and take you to a new page.
3. Scroll down till you see “Adding reCAPTCHA to your site”.
4. Copy and paste the Site Key and Secret Key, along with the Gmail address you use with this Google account, and send them to your web developer.